1. PHILP, John William & HEMMINGS, Eliza Ann
2. LOWLE, John (David) & HEMMINGS, Eliza Ann
PRATT, Emily Louisa
PHILP, John William (Lowle) 7
- Born: 18 Oct 1878, Landport, Southhampton 7
- Marriage: PRATT, Emily Louisa on 17 Aug 1901 in Grimsby, Lincs
- Died: 13 Feb 1943, Grimsby, Lincs at age 64
- Buried: 18 Feb 1943, Scartho Rd Cemetery, Grimsby, Lincs
Another name for John was Jack.
Born 1 York St, Southsea, Hants
1881 census 1 York St, Portsea, Hampshire, England
FHL Film 1341283 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 1156 Folio 75 Page 27
John W. PHILP 2yrs Portsmouth, Hants
1891 CENSUS RG12/659 Folio 103 - 51 Fox Street, New Brompton,
John Lowle - Son - 12 - Scholar - Hants - Portsmouth
1911 census: Lowle, John William b 1878 Grimsby Living Grimsby
Grimsby Servicemen WW1, listed as living at 103 Thorold St, 403SA - Skipper - H.M.T. Dover
Absent Votes list 1919, 403 Skipper, RNR Zaria
1922 Occ listed ships husband.
1926 Occ listed as Labourer
Scartho Rd cemetery MI's
My mother Emily L Lowle died 13 Feb 1943
also John W Lowle died 15 June 1941
Surname Christian Names Age Date Died Date Buried Reg Entry
LOWLE John William 64 13 Feb Thursday, 18 February 1943 12/49376
Noted events in his life were:
• Occupation: Fisherman, Between 1929 and 1953.
John married Emily Louisa PRATT, daughter of Joseph PRATT and Emma GREEN, on 17 Aug 1901 in Grimsby, Lincs. (Emily Louisa PRATT was born on 15 Jan 1880 in Grimsby, Lincs,1,6 died on 15 Jun 1941 in Grimsby, Lincs and was buried on 19 Jun 1941 in Scartho Rd Cemetery, Grimsby, Lincs.)
Noted events in their marriage were:
• Address (Marriage Pg): 227 Stanley St, Grimsby.
John stated he was 20yrs, bachelor & fisherman, Emily stated she was
21yr s, spinster.
Both living at 227 Stanley St.
New Clee, Grimsby, Lincs
Witness Sidney Pratt, Frederick Mingay Chapman (church warden).
When married in 1926 living at 103 Thorold St, Grimsby, Lincs, still the re in 1939.